Thursday, July 17, 2003

Bicycle ride.
I conquered The Hill (Part Four)!
There has been three monumental obstacles in my bicycle adventures, and now I have conquered Part Four. I didn't even mean to, today, but I took a wrong turn, and Chelsea will not succumb to the humiliation of walking her bicycle up a hill.
Flushed with victory, I sped off into the jungle of picket fences and dying lawns. Drooling, sweating, grunting, I turned the corner and plundered ahead.
Isn't that great how Pete (the mystical man who rules the events of my life) choses to reunite me with post-puberty-down-the-street-boy-who-suddenly-has-become-a-very attractive-man-man right then? There I was, hair plastered to my face, shirt soaked in sweat, gasping for air, wearing purple stretch pants. He smiled and waved and I mustered up a dopey smile and jiggled by purple-rump out of there.

No comments: